Contact Us 24/7 - Free Consultation 410-358-7435

Frequently Asked Questions About Nonfiling Of Tax Returns

Are you behind on filing tax returns?

First, please realize that our job is to work with the IRS to minimize your penalties and be an advocate for you. Consulting with Allen Schuldenfrei, Attorney at Law, is a promising first step toward resolving this tax problem.

Is it really a serious matter if you have failed to file a tax return?

Yes, it could be very serious. The IRS has identified taxpayers who fail to file income tax returns and effectively stop paying income tax as a serious threat to tax administration and the American economy. The IRS's role in combating the area of nonfiling is that of outreach, education and enforcement of the tax laws. Enforcement may touch you if you have not filed one or more tax returns. If you have received a notice of a tax audit, this is a sign you must take action sooner rather than later.

When might nonfiling of tax returns trigger a criminal investigation by the IRS?

Some taxpayers will take immediate steps to correct the problem if the IRS notifies them of an audit having to do with nonfiling of tax returns. However, it is understood that there are those who will not respond to outreach efforts and simply refuse to comply with the law. It is to those individuals who deliberately fail to comply with their obligation to file required tax returns and pay any taxes due and owing that IRS Criminal Investigation devotes its investigative resources. In the most egregious cases, criminal prosecution is recommended to the United States Attorney's office.

I haven't filed past tax returns, but I have not received any notification about this from the IRS. Should I be concerned?

If you have not filed past returns, you need professional help. To avoid criminal charges and or to minimize civil charges, it is important to file your tax returns even if they are late or you cannot pay the taxes owed.

How can your Maryland tax law firm help me?

Our job is to work with the IRS to minimize your penalties. It is a complicated process and you need someone on your side that has the expertise to find the way through red tape and be an advocate for you.

What should I do about the nonfiling of my tax return?

Call us at

Call 410-358-7435 or complete the online forminquiry today to learn how Allen Schuldenfrei, Attorney at Law, can help if you haven't yet filed your tax returns.

Contact Our Firm Today

Allen Schuldenfrei is committed to answering your questions about Tax Returns, IRS Problem Resolution, Criminal Defense, DUI/DWI Defense, and Estate Planning law issues in Maryland.

I offer a free consultation and I’ll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact me today to schedule an appointment.